Friday, October 19, 2007

I support the draft Al Gore.org initiative


I took on the role of committee chairman of the Sun City West Draft Al Gore for President Initiative yesterday. So far the committee is comprised of one member, me. I guess we'll see what I can do to muster up support out here in what is widely known to be Republicanville. My opening statement was:

The time has come to elect a man of intelligence, integrity, and moral fortitude, social and global responsibility to lead our nation and represent us in the domestic and international communities. Al Gore is quite simply the most logical choice in 2008. He has both the political experience and moral conscience to effectively bring this nation out from the recent period of smug indifference we have shown the international community.


We are a group of Sun City West residents who say enough is enough! It's time for America to be a leader in what is the right thing to do for our parents, our children, our nation and our planet. To do that we need a leader in the oval office!

Draft Al Gore in 2008!


Steve Barr


No comments: